Digital Media Producer
Digital Media Producer will take the lead and central role in developing and implementing digital media strategies, posting and maintaining content, supporting brand awareness, generating online viewership and inbound traffic, increasing retention, developing creative campaigns both online and at events, and maintaining day-to-day operations of our digital platforms.
This role coordinates with the internal and affiliate marketing and digital media teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in objectives and cultivating an ever-increasing digital media network. Specifically, the ideal candidate will grow viewership and engagement, develop our platforms, and explore and implement new digital opportunities as they become viable.
- Ensure all messaging, content, event schedules and art is scheduled and kept up to date.
- Work closely with the production and graphics team to insure synergy between initiatives.
- Manage campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, selected fan-outreach efforts, supporting marketing, CTA, promotions, etc.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Be an advocate in our social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Manage social outreach programs and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about our shows and content.
- Monitor and report effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of programs, content and campaigns and include analysis, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to continually maximize results.
- Monitor trends in digital media tools, trends and applications and recommend best practices.
- Knowledge and experience in Thoroughbred Horse Racing, Casino or Sports marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Strong project management, writing and organizational skills
- Self-starter, focused, results-oriented and having a drive for sales
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Must be knowledgeable of digital media trends in Thoroughbred Horse Racing
- In-depth knowledge, experience with an understanding of digital media platforms, best practices, and their respective participants and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Experienced with successful online and location-based marketing efforts
- Good technical understanding and can adapt to new tools/platforms quickly
- Experience with CMS, HTML, WordPress and basic backend programming
- Must have experience with SEO, analytics, tracking and analysis of posts and data
- Must be a good team player and can work collaboratively to achieve company goals
- Final Cut, Avid, or Premiere editing skills a plus.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules, including Holidays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Marketing/Social Media professional experience: 3+ years
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new industry-changing sports network for the horse racing and pari-mutuel wagering industry.
Our office is fun and modern (think Google at the racetrack). Because we’re a startup, we’re looking for people who are hands-on, team players, flexible, willing to learn and would never ever say “that’s not my job.”
Does this sound like you? Please send us your resume and cover letter outlining both your passion for the horse racing industry, your skills in the areas listed above and why you would be a great asset for our team.
Our studios are located at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California and Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Florida.
Send the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org