Race 1) Mdn $12,500 1 Mile Turf – Rail 72
5) Syllabus – Pressed the pace and flattened out in two turn turf bow. Well drawn with the rails out and should find a good spot with the bug boy riding back.
Race 2) 4 1/2 Furlong MSW
3) Gabriella Sunshine – By the emerging Fed Biz who hits at 19% for debut runners.He attracts Rosario and comes in with some good (enough) works
5) Breakthrough – will be well bet for Ward and Ortiz. The first runner from Champion Nyquist to make it to the races – all eyes will be on him as it it so so important for these freshman sires to have a good first crop. No doubt he’s ready, but being a 1/2 to graded stakes router Red Vine – perhaps he needs further .
Race 3) $8k NW3 6 Furlongs
1) Probably Grace – short field and this filly has the best numbers for a 30% Trainer.
Race 4) MDN $12,500 1 Mile Turf – Rail 12
3) Mountain Breeze – will treat as a first time starter – debut was horrendous last July – Plunges to the bottom for Kimmel who is having a terrific meet and gets Ortiz.
2) Rags for Britches – newly gelded son of Union Rags sports the best numbers and the most solid form; he is however 0-13.
Race 5) Clm $16 5 Furlongs on Turf – Rail 72
1) R Boy Bode – Fresh and dangerous for a trainer who fires with 28% of starters off similar lay-offs. Gets the right spot on the rail with the rails all the way out.
Race 7) $8,000 claimers 1 mile
8) Enlisting – A perfect 3/3 at GP I see no reason she can’t win again.
2) Tiz Possible Dear – Hard trying sort who loves GP.
Race 8) 7 1/2 Turf OC50k/SAL 50k- Rail 12
Tough heat with many ways to go – looking for a price.
10) Bayou Prospector – looking for a move fwd here for a trainer who likes to race them into shape. 2020 debut was professional and its likely he’s wasn’t fully cranked. Love the fact he is now protected, perhaps he surprised the connections routing on turf for the first time !!!
1) Mandate – sure looked good winning for 40k last time. Prefer over “other Pletcher”.
8) Dominant Themoment – Must be respected as a 4 time winner (DQ from one) and eligible as he’s in for the tag !
Race 9) 1 mile $25k NW 2L
4) Smash – In too tough in last effort and had been given ample time to recover. Zayas sticks.
2) Frank First – Back in the same spot where he broke his maiden by 7! And reunited with Ortiz.
Race 10) 5 Furlongs Turf OC50k/N2X – Rail 72
7) Dixieincandyland – Looked awful good winning last time. Rosario rides back horse to beat.
6) Hidden Facts – Fresh filly gets some class relief here. Attracts Ortiz and sports a good looking work tab.
Race 11) Mdn $40k Claimer – 1 Mile Turf – Rails 12
1) Ocean Fire – Drops and has speed
10) Noble Alma – Another dropper in here. Will see if she can rate with the blinkers off.