Musings from my grade One couch for a fantastic 12 race card on Saturday !!
Race1)Turf 1 Mile|3ÎMd 12500(12.5-10.5)|Purse: $17k- Rail 72
2) Mayito 9-5 Will be favored once more, comes in with a sharp work with Uncork the Bottle ( 3/6 Dirt) where he got outworked by the wire. That’s ok as he’s arguably better on turf.
5) Jack Beanstalk 6-1 back on turf and keeps Saez. This guy could be dangerous with speed and the rails at 72.
Race 2)Dirt 4ô Furlongs|2YOMd Sp Wt 65k
Several of these were SCR out of Friday’s 2 yo race in favor of this one.
4) Breakthrough 9-5 The first to run from Champion 2 yo Nyquist, couldn’t be in better hands. Breeders can’t stress how important it is to get these freshman stallions off to a hot start ! He has every chance to win with Ward and Tyler in his corner, however he is a 1/2 to router Red vine who did his best work around two turns…..Vulnerable??
1) Screen Star 12-1 The first starter for Not this time, a son of Giant’s Causeway who we did not see the best of! Will likely be ignored at the windows, but do remember Tim Hamm is 20% first out !!!!
8) Hyperfocus 7-2 By the brilliant Constitution who is siring 26% Debut winners, this colt looks well prepped to put his best foot forward.
Race 3) Turf 1 Mile|3ÎçMd 40000(40-30)|Purse: $30k- Rail 12
Others will be favored but looking for a price – perhaps a play across the board or use with others.
10) Midnight Marvel 15-1 Hear me out, I haven’t lost the plot (well not yet) Just 2 starts for this daughter of Midnight Lute, her first she was sent off at 4-1 in MSW company – Yeah she didn’t run much, but 2 turns in your debut is a lot to handle. Reared and appeared to lose her footing at the start whilst being left 15 lengths, she was not persevered with by Bravo. Now drops to 40K and has a couple of rather good looking works you can find on XBTV.com
Race4) Turf 1 Mile|3ÎçClm 16000N3L|Purse: $20k- rail 72
2) Dana Grace 6-1 Daughter of Mucho Macho Man looked like she really enjoyed just her 3rd start on turf ( first in over a year). She should get a good trip drawn inside.
6) Sand Drift 7-2 Diminutive daughter of Treasure Beach will probably benefit from the short layoff, keeps Tyler aboard has a sharp 37 flat work leading into here XBTV.COM. I expect her to be on or near the lead.
Race 6) Turf 1 Mile|3YOMd 65000(65-60)|Purse: $36k – Rail 12
11) Reconvene 4-1 Loved this colt in his debut at 17-1. He wasn’t far off a wicked pace and may have paid the price, add that with a premature move! Big beautiful colt continues to hold form in the mornings with some sharp looking works.
4) Riggins 7-2 Split the field in debut and now drops to the claiming ranks, expect a move forward.
Race 7) Turf 5 Furlongs|3YOçAlw 55000NC|Purse: $55k- rail 72
2) Afficionado 4-1 If you can get 4-1 pile on! I absolutely love this filly, she’s fresh ready and dangerous, local works are about as good as they can be . Stakes placed filly looks fit and ready to fire for Biancone. Adds Lasix too. If you watch hr April 22 work you may wonder who the company is? Lil Bit Dangerous a 1-9 Filly previously out here in CA and hasn’t run since last August, take note as I have never seen her better !!
3) Fast Scene 3-1 Stabled at Tampa and makes the trip over, dual stakes winning filly comes in with a sharp 35 4/5 work from the gate the fastest of 50.
5) Foolish Humor 7-2 Will get some play, while her form looks good I’m not in love with her April 22 work and she work again until May 6????
Race 9) Turf 1Â Miles|4ÎSnshnFrvrB75k|Purse: $75k- Rail 12
This race certainly has a Graded stakes feel and welcomes the 2020 debut of classic winner War of will. In Fact I feel two sons of war front mat take the top 2 spots.
6) Halladay 4-1 Certainly was much the best in his last with a whopping 103 Beyer speed figure, if he can repeat that who knows!!! I’m not sure he will gat and easy easy lead tho …
12) War of Will 10-1 Was destined to be a turf horse ( well at first ) His last few starts towards the latter half of last year were lackluster to say the least. However this G1 Placed (on Turf) son of War Front sheds the blinkers (Casse 25% Blinkers off) and looks like a relaxed happy horse. ( he always gets hot) Note his work below, his ears moving backwards and forwards listening to the rider, just easing over the turf. We shall see. Or perhaps he is, and has always been a stellar work horse as he rarely looks bad.
11) Admission Office 5-2 Good horse, 106 Beyer in last but just not sure about the cut back to 1 1/16, can Rosario keep him close enough???
Race 10) Turf 1 Mile|4ÎOC 25k/N1X|Purse: $42k- Rail 72
8) Grays Fable 5-1 Son of Champion Gio Ponti finally put it all together last time, I can see him making a forward move here.
1) Counter Offer 8-1 Beaten only 2 lengths for all of it, off a layoff from last may for a very conservative trainer. Love his works in the interim!
6) Battle of Blenheim 2-1 Fits the condition has speed, although worried he will have company ??
Race 11) Dirt 6 Furlongs|3ÎÐOC 16k/N1X|Purse: $41k
7) Hauntedbythemusic 6-1 1.09 3/5 at Tampa winning by 6! Nuff said